Recently, I have written a guide on bricked OnePlus with two possible solutions if it is a soft brick. What if, its not a soft brick, but a hard brick? You don’t need to worry about. We have a solution to fix OnePlus Hard brick.
For soft brick, there are two possible solutions
If the symptoms show its a hard brick, then before starting following the steps, first plug in your device to the charger. There might be a possibility that your smartphone is out of battery. After half an hour, try booting. If it works then well and good. If not, then this is bad because you will be losing your data while recovering from hard brick. You can recover from the hard brick by using Qualcomm’s ColorOS installer.
Fix OnePlus Hard brick
- Connect your smartphone with your PC via data cable.
- Open Device Manager.
- Here, you’ll see your device as “QHSUSB_BULK“. Right click on it and then select “Uninstall“. There will be an option to delete installed drivers, check the specified box. In case, your device is not listed, then press and hold “Power + Volume Up” on your smartphone for 10 seconds.
- Now, unplug your device and turn it off.
- After this, download ColorOS installer. You can download it from here.
- Extract the downloaded file and find the file named “Driver.iso“.
- Now, extract the file “Driver.iso” and find “Setup.exe” file.
- Run this file. It will be in the Chinese language. If you don’t know Chinese then just click through it.
- Now connect your smartphone again via a data cable and press and hold “Power + Volume Up” for 10 seconds.
- After this, find “Msm8974DownloadTool.exe” file from the extracted zip file and run it as an administrator. COM ports for your phone will be scanned by it. It will appear on only that line which is different. Try reconnecting your device or hold “Power + Volume Up” buttons if you don’t see a different line.
- Select Start when you see your smartphone. After some time, the line will turn green.
- Now, the Chinese ColorOS should be installed on your smartphone. Now, you can begin to flash Cyanogen over it.
Hopefully, your device is no longer bricked. If you still face any issue, then let us know in the comments. Leave us a comment if you stuck somewhere while following the guide or have any query regarding how to fix OnePlus Hard brick.