Huawei P8 was released last year, after the massive success of Nexus 6P Huawei is now known in Europe and USA. First, it was just limited to Southeast Asia and China. Huawei P8 is running on the Android operating system its user interface is customized as it is not stock Android. Today I will guide you on how to boot into Recovery menu on Huawei P8.
The great thing about Huawei P8 recovery is that you can use it with touch instead of volume buttons. Even the recovery menu is customized by the manufacturers of the phone. Apart from stock recovery, you can also flash a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP on your Huawei P8. Custom recovery gives more options like making NANDROID backup and flashing custom ROMs.
Recovery menu is usually to perform certain actions on your phone which can not be performed while the operating system is running. You can use it for clearing cache and completely wiping all the data from your phone via factory reset. These are solutions to some problems in which your phone won’t even boot up. You can also use recovery to flash zip files and mount SD cards.
How to boot into Recovery menu on Huawei P8:
There are a number of ways that can be used to boot into recovery menu of Huawei P8. The methods that I will use to get into recovery menu of Huawei P8 is by using ADB commands and using button combination.
How to boot into recovery menu on Huawei P8 using button combination:
This is the simplest method to enter recovery menu in your Huawei P8. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, turn off your phone.
- Now Press and hold Volume up and Power Button simultaneously.
- Release the button when you see Huawei logo.
- That’s it. Now you are in the recovery menu. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and power button to select. You can also tap for selection in Huawei recovery mode.
How to boot into recovery menu on Huawei P8 via ADB commands:
If the buttons of your phone are not working or your phone is unresponsive, then use ADB commands to access recovery menu on Huawei P8. It is simple you just got to have some know how to command prompt to use ADB commands.
Note: Make sure Huawei drivers are installed on your PC and your PC recognizes your phone when the phone is connected to PC.
- Now connect your phone to your PC.
- Enable USB debugging; Goto Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to the settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Goto android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt
- Shift + Right-click in the folder and then click on open Command Prompt.
- Now enter the following command:
adb reboot recovery
- Now your phone will turn off itself and boot into recovery mode itself.
If you have any questions or queries regarding how to enable or access recovery menu in Huawei P8 using ADB or button combination. Then let me know in the comments. Do give us your feedback.