Back in the days, Samsung Galaxy S6 was considered one of the best smartphones of the Galaxy series. It was released when Samsung was in dire need of something innovative and catchy to get back its lost customers. Samsung came back with Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by completely revamping the design and looks of their flagship. The new design was loved by the consumers. Even after the release of S8. People are contented with their S6. They don’t want to upgrade. Now, let us talk about Samsung Galaxy S6 fast charging not working and its solution. This is self-implemented fix and it has worked for many other people including my friends.
Samsung Galaxy S6 is the first phone of Samsung to come with fast charging feature. Fast Charging is among the new and innovative features that were introduced in Samsung Galaxy S6. It charges your phone quickly in a span of just an hour or so. Samsung states that you can get 4 hours of use in just 10 minutes of charging. The bigger and better displays and powerful processors cause depletion of battery quickly. If you are about to leave for work or college and you have little time to charge your phone, fast charging can prove out to be very handy.
Samsung Galaxy S6 is magnificent when it comes to looks. It is powerful when it comes to processing. It has Exynos 7 octa 7420 chip along with 3GB RAM. The back camera is of 16 MegaPixels and the front camera of 5 Megapixels. All in all, Galaxy S6 is one hell of a phone and it is perfect for everyday use even in 2018.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Fast Charging:
Now, let’s move on how to tackle Galaxy S6 fast charging not working issue. With the Android 6.0.1 upgrade, fast charging is disabled from the settings in most cases. You should first check the settings if it’s enabled.
Follow the steps below to make sure Galaxy S6 Fast Charging is enabled in the settings:
- First, open the App Menu.
- Now locate Battery.
- There you will find “Fast Charging” option.
- Activate it.
That’s all. It will enable Galaxy S6 fast charging once again. Remember that fast charging makes your phone hot. So its recommended not to use your phone while it’s on charging.
If fast charging is already enabled and still your phone isn’t charging at a pace then you should try wiping cache partition.
For Wiping Cache Partition to fix Galaxy S6 Fast charging not working issues follow the steps below:
Note: Wiping cache partition of your S6 won’t delete any data present on your phone. So don’t worry and proceed.
- First of all, turn off your phone.
- Now Enter into recovery menu by pressing volume up + home + power buttons simultaneously. Keep on holding the buttons till you see Android figure on your screen.
- Now that you are in the recovery menu. Use the volume button to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition”. Use the power button to make a selection.
- You will see a message when clearing cache is in process. Do not shut down your phone. It might take some time. Once you see a message Cache Wipe Complete.
- Then use volume buttons to go to “Reboot System Now”.
Note: If wiping cache partition does not fix Galaxy S6 Fast charging not working issue. Then make a backup of your phone from this guide and hard reset it from the recovery menu (same menu from where you wiped cache partition).
That’s all I hope this guide was helpful in fixing Samsung Galaxy S6 fast charging not working problem. If you still have any confusion or question. Ask me in the comments. If this guide helped you, your feedback will be appreciated.
Update: Self Implemented method on how to fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Fast charging Not Working Issue.
This method is bit complex and can be confusing for non-tech guys. Who have never tweaked or rooted their phone. It can be risky, if you don’t perform the steps as they are stated below. As it can result in bricking your phone. So proceed with caution. Although, it is a working fix, a friend of mine was having the same problem and he was complaining that his Galaxy S6 fast charging not working. Flashing stock firmware solved his problem.
Note: Following guide might delete all the data present inside your phone. So it’s better to make a backup of your phone.
Now, let us move on to the guide on how to flash stock firmware to fix Samsung Galaxy S6 fast charging not working issue.
Following are some prerequisites that you will need to abide and download before moving forward.
- You will need a Windows PC to perform this guide.
- Download ODIN v3.10.7 from here on your PC.
- You also need to download Stock Firmware for your S6 from SamMobile and extract it.
- Download Samsung Drivers for Windows. (Link to download file is under the main heading). These drivers are to be installed on your PC, they are essential for your PC to recognize your device properly.
- You will need a computer for this solution.
- Make a backup of your data using this guide (optional).
- Enable USB debugging on your phone; Settings-> Select About Phone -> Locate Build number and tap it 7 times. Head back to the settings page and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM unlock. If this option is not present in your Galaxy S6 then its fine).
- Your phone should have at least 40% battery.
- Lastly, make sure KIES is off and not running in the background. (Uninstall it)
Important: Selecting appropriate ROM/firmware for your Galaxy S6 is very important. Installing unsupported firmware on your phone can brick it. Following are some guidelines that you should follow in order to select right firmware for your phone from the link above.
When you will go to Sammobile to download the firmware for your phone consider the following points.
- First of all, check CSC and PDA of your phone and match them with CSC and PDA of firmware that you are going to download. (CSC is not that important, but you can check it by dialing *#1234# on your phone. PDA is the build number of your phone. You can see it in Settings -> Device Info.
- Now if you can’t find matching PDA firmware. Then look for a firmware that is meant for your country.
- Remember that. You should never flash a non-branded ROM on a branded phone (T-mobile, Verizon, O2). If your phone is carrier locked. You should download and flash the firmware of the same carrier with the same country. To check if your phone is branded or not. Restart your phone, if your phone is branded you will see a logo of the brand.
- If your phone is carrier free (Non-Branded). Then you can download ROM of any country but make sure you download carrier free ROM.
- If you flash exactly the same firmware that is already running on your Galaxy S6. You will not lose any data present on it.
It is not essential to download the firmware from Sammobile, you can also find stock firmwares for Samsung Mobiles from other sites as well, for example, XDA.
Step to step guide on how to flash stock firmware to fix Galaxy S6 Fast charging:
- First of all, Download and extract ODIN on your PC.
- The second step is to install Samsung USB drivers for windows on your PC.
- Turn off your Galaxy S6 and Get it into Download mode: Press Volume Down, Power button and Home Button simultaneously. Keep on holding till you see a warning.
- Once you see the warning, press Volume up button to continue.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB data cable.
- Now open ODIN on your Windows PC. If ID:COM section is turned into blue then it means that your PC has recognized your phone. If there isn’t any change on ODIN, then make sure you have downloaded and installed Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Click on AP or in some ODIN versions PDA.
- Select the stock firmware that you downloaded and extracted.
- Lastly, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked in the options. Like in the screenshot below.
Once everything is set. Click on Start. ODIN will show logs of what process is currently running. In about 5 minutes. your phone will be flashed will stock Android firmware.
After flashing is done, your phone will reboot. Hopefully, fast charging and wireless charging issues of your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge will be solved and it will be fresh and fast as a brand new phone.
Note: If flashing is unsuccessful, download some other version of ODIN from their official site and try again.
Update: If you are reluctant to flash stock ROM using ODIN to fix Galaxy S6 fast charging not working. Then use Smart Switch. Its an official software from Samsung and very easy to use. And it does the same job. See the method 2 in this guide. You have to perform the same steps, just for Galaxy S6. If your phone is working you can easily backup all your data and install the firmware without using emergency software recovery initialization in SmartSwitch.
That’s all, if you have any question or query. Feel free to comment below or contact me. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Although the 2nd method to fix Galaxy S6 fast charging not working problem looks complicated and risky. Abide by all the precautions and follow the steps as they are stated then you won’t have any problem. It will take maximum of 20 minutes. If you are still reluctant, you can contact me. I will try my best to help you out.