China has a strict policy against Google Apps and its services. The smartphones manufactured in China are not allowed to support Google apps. So the firmware/operating systems developed for Chinese phones do not have google apps and Google Play store pre-installed. The operating system of Huawei, Xiaomi, ZTE, Alcatel, and Redmi phones do not have google apps. So, if you buy a phone from China, you might get hard time to get the google apps. Some apps like snapchat depend upon google play services to work. Although, it’s not developed by Google but it is dependent upon Google play store and services. Outside China, it can be a real headache to live without google apps. There are many methods to install google apps on Chinese phones running on Chinese firmware. Most efficient method to have all google apps is to install and download Google Installer APK on your Android phone.
If your phone is running on MIUI. And you have updated to latest firmware. It will wipe out all the google apps and google play store. You can install Google apps also known as gapps by installing Google Installer. In the guide below. I will guide you on how to install and download Google Installer APK v 2.0 on Chinese phones.
Download Google Installer APK v 2.0 for Chinese Phones
Chinese government policy does not allow Google apps and Google Services. So the developers of firmware remove the Google apps from the firmware. You have to manually install gapps. Once you install google play store on your Android phone. You can download and run all the apps present in the store including Google apps.
Following is the full procedure on how to download Google installer APK on your Huawei, Xiaomi or Redmi phones.
Follow the steps to install google installer which will allow you to install all the google apps including Google Play Store:
- First of all, move the downloaded Google Installer APK 2.0 to the internal storage of your phone.
- Goto Settings -> Advanced Settings ->Security ->Enable Download from Unknown Sources.
- Now locate Google Installer APK file using the file manager on your Chinese phone.
- Now Open and Install the APK. Click on OK and install. You will see a blue circle tap on it.
- Now click on the yellow circle. Now, it will ask you to install google services framework.
- Click on Install and then click on OK.
- In the next step, you have to click on Red Circle.
- Accept the terms and give permissions as follows.
- Now you can download Google Play Store from here. and Install it on your Phone.
- Once you have installed Google Play Store you can install any google app from there.
- You can also download and install any Google app via its APK file.
- Although most phones do not require to install google play services separately. If Google play store does not install google play services itself. Download the APK file of Google Play Services and install it on your Huawei phone.
Note: If you have downloaded the Google Play Store on your phone and it is still not working use this guide to install GSM Framework to support the functioning of Play Store.
That’s all. If you have any question regarding how to install and download Google Installer on a Chinese phone. That does not have google play store or google apps. You can ask me in the comments. If you would like to share your views with us. You are most welcome. Google installer is a great app which has made life easy for the people who got their phone from China and they were unable to make use of any Google app.