System UI Tuner allows you to remove and add various icons from the status bar of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Status bar with lots of icons always looks messy. There are many users out there (like me) who don’t like lots of icons on the status bar. Now, you can remove status bar icons in Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The process is really easy and in just 6 minutes you can get rid of unwanted status bar icons in Android phone.
Removing icons from the status bar doesn’t mean that removed icons have gone forever. You can add back again at any time. Through this method, you can only remove the icons that are on the right side of the Status Bar. I am sure many users like me; love the emptier looking status bar. Many icons, like Airplane Mode icon, Alarm clock icon, Do Not Disturb mode icon and Wifi icon. just make the Status Bar look messy. Even after you remove Status Bar icons, the mode will still work as it is supposed to. That means, you will still be connected to Wifi or your Airplane Mode will remain enabled.
Steps to Remove Status Bar Icons:
- Step 1: First of all you have to enable System UI Tuner. For that, expand the Quick Settings panel by swiping down from top of the screen twice.
- Step 2: At the top right side of Quick Settings panel, you’ll see a gear icon. It is similar to that of Google Android settings application. Tap and hold the gear icon.
- Step 3: The gear icon will start to spin. Hold it for a few seconds and the release it.
- Step 4: After you let go the gear icon, you will see the toast message at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: In Settings, you will need to scroll down the page to find the SystemUI Tuner’s option. Tap it.
- Step 6: Here, you’ll see an option of the Status Bar. Tap on it to see the list of all the toggles.
- Step 7: Toggle all the icons off, one at a time. These icons will no more be visible next time when they are in use/active.
These simple steps will help you to remove Status Bar icons. You can easily add them back again at any time. If you have any query regarding how to fix remove Status Bar icons in Android 6.0 Marshmallow, then let us know in the comments below.
- Are you are using Samsung phone, then use this guide to remove status bar icons.
If you want to add any icon back into the status bar. Just follow the same steps go to Settings -> System UI Tuner -> Status Bar and enable the specific option that you would like to see in status bar of your Android phone.
That’s all. If you have any question or confusion regarding how to remove status bar icons in Android Marshmallow. Feel free to ask in the comments. Your feedback is really appreciated. If you have any other method to remove status bar icons from android nougat. Share with us in the comments.