It is always troublesome to lose your phone and not being able to find it. Sometimes, it is just around the house or office and you have to pull all the furniture to locate it. Sometimes, you forget it at some supermarket, gym or bar and you can’t remember where it is. Things get worse if it’s in silent mode. In this guide, I will guide you on some methods which can be used to locate lost Galaxy S7.
Using the below guide, you can see the location of your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge on Google maps. Basically, you can track your S7 and perform a number of features on it remotely. For example, you can also lock it and wipe all of its data once you are sure that it got stolen and you don’t want others to get hands on your personal data. It is a good thing to make sure your private information does not fall into wrong hands.
Guide on How to Locate Lost Galaxy S7 Edge:
There are two services which can be used to perform remote actions on your phone. You can use them to locate lost Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. One of them is Find my Device which is from Google. You can use it if you have signed into your Galaxy S7 using your Google/Gmail account. Another service is of Samsung named as Find my Mobile. You can use this service if you ever logged into your Galaxy S7 using Samsung account.
Method 1 on how to locate lost Galaxy S7:
First, I will be covering all the features of Android Find my device, then I will guide you on how to locate lost Galaxy S7 using it. Android Find my Device is an online service which can be used in any browser you can also download its app on some other smartphone. Using it you can locate your Galaxy S7 Edge. If you’re sure that someone has stolen it and there is no chance of retrieving your phone. You can permanently lock it and wipe its data.
Using Android Find my device, you can also ring your Galaxy S7 even if it’s on silent. In any case, if your phone is silent and you know its somewhere around home or office but you can’t locate it. Using this service you can ring your phone. It will make your phone ring for like five minutes at maximum volume and once you get hold of your phone, press the power button to make it stop ringing.
- To start with, head over to Android Find My Device.
- A login screen will appear, enter your Google account credentials to log in to your account. The same Gmail account that you used to set up your Galaxy S7.
- Now you will see a map and name of your device like in the screenshot below.
- Using it you can either locate your phone on the map or you can wipe its data, lock it or you can make it ring at maximum volume
Android device manager is also known as Android Find my device shows the location where your phone was last online along with the date and time it was there.
That’s it. If you didn’t have google account logged into your phone when it was lost. Move on to the next method that uses Samsung account to performs actions remotely in order to locate lost Galaxy S7 remotely.
Method 2 to ring or wipe or locate lost Galaxy S7:
In this method, we will use the Samsung Account in order to perform actions on your phone remotely. If you have lost your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you are sure its somewhere around but it is on silent, so it won’t ring when you call.
- Then, you can use Ring my phone option. Your Galaxy S7 will ring at its highest volume even if it is on silent or vibration.
- Using this method, you can see the location of your phone on Google map.
- If you are sure the phone is gone and stolen. You can wipe all the personal data including pictures and contacts from it.
- Samsung Find my Mobile also allows you to delete all your registered cards and payments methods along with details from your lost Galaxy S7.
- You can also use this service to lock or unlock your S7 Edge.
So now let’s move on to how to use this service to Locate Lost S7 Edge:
- First of all, go to Samsung Find my Mobile.
- Log in using your Samsung account credentials. If you don’t remember your email or password, use find email/password option. Which is present right below the sign in button.
- Once you have signed in. You will see a number of operations you can perform on your S7 remotely.
- If you want to see your phone on Google maps, just click on locate my device and it will show you the location of your Samsung Galaxy S7 where it was last online.
- If there are no chances of getting back your phone and you have lost your hope to locate lost Galaxy S7. You can wipe the data present in it including your credit cards and payment details. Everything will be wiped.
- You can also make it ring at its maximum volume if you know your phone is not stolen, it’s near somewhere. You don’t need to pull over your furniture. Using Ring my device you can make your S7 ring even if its silent.
Note: This process won’t delete the data present on the external SD card of your phone.
That’s it. If you have any issue or query regarding how to locate lost Galaxy S7. Let me know in the comments.
Also, give me feedback if you succeed to locate your lost S7. I know how frustrating it is to lose a phone. These days all our memories, important data. Almost everything is in smartphones including payment options. So, it is really necessary to have optimal security on your phone and keep it backed up on the cloud all the time. So even if you lose your smartphone you can access your data using the Samsung Cloud. Along with that if you have security on your phone like Passcode or security pattern, if anyone accesses your phone that person won’t be able to access all your private data present in your phone.