Android allows its users to add any of their accounts on an android device. It helps the users to sync the important data of the previous device or to create a backup of important data. It saves a lot of time to transfer the data. Android also allows to delete any added account from the device. The process of deleting an account is simple but it gets difficult when you want to delete a disabled Gmail account.
Delete a Disabled Gmail account from an Android Device:
There are many situations when your Gmail account has been disabled or you switch the job and your previous company disables your work account. Then your android device starts giving you notifications to re-sign in the account. Now the only choice you have is to delete this account and add another account. For that, follow the steps enlisted below.
Add a new account
- First of all, create another Gmail account. If you already have one other than the disabled one then skip this step.
- Now, go to ‘Settings‘.
- In Settings, find ‘Accounts’ and tap on it.
- There, you will see a list of all the accounts that are already added on your Android device. The list could be long depending upon how many accounts you have added. So, just scroll down to the bottom and there you will see an option for ‘Add account‘. Tap it.
- A new window will open with a list of all the apps you have installed that allows you to sign in. Just find ‘Google’ and tap it.
- If you have enabled a pin or pattern or password then you will have to enter it to proceed.
- Now, enter the email id you want to add. After that enter password. Now, tap ‘Accept‘.
Till now, you have added a new Gmail account. But the problem still exist. Now you have to delete a disabled Gmail account from your device.
Delete a Disabled Gmail Account
- Go to ‘Settings‘.
- Now go to ‘Accounts‘.
- Here, again, you’ll see a list of all the accounts you have already added. Now find the disabled Gmail account that you want to delete. You have to select the account carefully as now there are more than one Gmail accounts.
- Now, go to ‘Sync‘.
- There, either you’ll see an option to remove account or tap the More options ‘icon‘ and then tap ‘remove account‘.
- A pop up window will be opened with an options ‘CANCEL‘ or ‘REMOVE ACCOUNT‘. Tap on ‘remove account‘.
Note: Removing/Deleting an account from an Android device will delete all of its messages, contacts and other data from the device.
Note: You can add an account first and then delete the other account or vice versa.
If you have any query regarding how to delete a disabled Gmail account from an Android device then let us know in the comments bellow. If you are facing any issue relating to disabled account then let us know. We’ll help you out.