Huawei, with the recent launch of Nexus 6P and other great devices, has become a well-known smartphone brand. Huawei P8 Lite is also a decent smartphone but a less expensive version of Huawei P8 launched last year. With 5 inch screen and 720 pixel display, rear facing camera of 13 MP and a secondary camera of 5 MP, it’s a very solid mid-range device. The smartphone is powered by an Octacore 1.2 Ghz processor with 2Gb of RAM. Although, the specifications are not too exciting as nowadays there are many smartphones with much better specs. Also, the smartphone had Android 5.1.1 update as its latest firmware but now Huawei has released its latest firmware for Huawei P8 Lite which is Android Marshmallow 6.0. Here, we’ll explain you how you can install official Android 6.0 on Huawei P8 Lite.
Install Official Android 6.0 on Huawei P8 Lite
- First of all, check your firmware version. If you have the latest one then there is no need to follow the rest of the steps.
- Create a backup of all your important data such as apps, media and storage files (Recommended).
- Charge your battery to 100% or plug in your charger while following further steps to prevent data loss.
- Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware file from the link given below for your Huawei P8 Lite.
- Create a folder named “dload” on your SD card or in the root of your internal storage.
- Now Place the downloaded “Update.app” file here.
- Now go to Settings > Update and then press the menu button and choose “Local Update“.
- Here, you should see the copied file “Update.app” if you have copied it correctly. In order to start the installation process, tap on it.
- Now, wait for the process to complete. The update might take several minutes. After the update process completes, you’ll have the latest firmware in your Huawei P8 Lite.
That’s all. The device will reboot after the process completes. Now enjoy the latest version i.e Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It doesn’t matter which firmware your device is currently on, it will be updated to the latest version as the update file carries complete version.
If you stuck at any step, let us know. If you have any query regarding how to install official Android 6.0 on Huawei P8 Lite then leave us your queries in comments.