There is a considerable difference between Lollipop and the latest version Marshmallow. Users experience its performance and speed, but at the same time, they are facing many issues. Issues related to the battery are always frustrating, but still users from all over the world are enjoying this latest update. Now, Huawei P8 users can also update their Firmware to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Update Huawei P8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Follow the enlisted steps to update Huawei P8.
- The first thing you should do is to check your firmware version. Skip the rest of the steps of you have the latest one.
- One important thing you should do is to backup all you important data such as media, storage files and apps (Recommended).
- To prevent any data loss, charge your smartphone battery to 100% before following further steps or keep your charger plugged in while following further steps.
- Download the OTA Marshmallow file from the link given bellow.
Download: OTA Marshmallow Update
Download: Full Firmware
- Now, copy the downloaded file to your device.
- Rename the downloaded file to “zip”.
- Create a folder named “dload” in the root of your SD card or in your internal storage.
- Paste the “zip” file in this folder.
- Now, open the Settings and then tap on Update.
- Now, go to Menu button and then from the options, select local update.6yhbtg
- Here, you will see the copied file “zip”. Tap on it. If you are unable to see the file, then there must be some mistake while copying the file.
- The update might take several minutes to complete so wait for the completion.
- Once the process completes, you’ll have the latest firmware. To confirm, go to Settings > About Phone to confirm.
After you are done with this, the device will reboot. Now, relax and enjoy the latest version of Android in your Huawei P8.
If you are facing any difficulty while updating your smartphone’s Firmware, then let us know in the comments bellow. If you have any query regarding how to update Huawei P8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow then leave us your queries in comments.